What personal information we collect
- When you create an Flynance ID, register your products, apply for commercial credit, purchase a product, download a software update, register for a class at an Flynance Retail Store, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using Flynance products, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to join you on Flynance forums, Flynance may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- In the U.S., we may ask for your Social Security number (SSN) but only in limited circumstances such as when setting up a wireless account and activating your iPhone or when determining whether to extend commercial credit.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Flynance’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Flynance, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Flynance’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal InformationWe also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where an Flynance product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If you want to disable cookies and you’re using the Safari web browser, go to Safari preferences and then to the privacy pane to disable cookies. On your Flynance mobile device, go to Settings, then Safari, and then to the Cookies section. For other browsers, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the Flynance website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Flynance may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Flynance website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third PartiesAt times Flynance may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Flynance to provide products and services, or that help Flynance market to customers. For example, when you purchase and activate your iPhone, you authorize Flynance and your carrier to exchange the information you provide during the activation process to carry out service. If you are approved for service, your account will be governed by Flynance and your carrier’s respective privacy policies. Personal information will only be shared by Flynance to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Service ProvidersFlynance shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Flynance operates.
OthersIt may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Flynance to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal InformationFlynance takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Flynance online services such as the Flynance Online Store and iTunes Store protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by Flynance, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. iCloud data is stored in encrypted form including when we utilize third party storage.
When you use some Flynance products, services, or applications or post on an Flynance forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.